Thursday 18 April 2013

Iddarammayilatho Heroien Katherine Teresa Exclusive Interview

Born and raised in Dubai, Katherine Teresa moved to Bangalore five years ago, "to study B. Sc," dabbled in modelling for a bit and got into films "just for the heck of it". She admits to have a thing for acting though. "I wanted to try acting and see if I could do it, because I always loved performing. I liked my stint and decided to go with it. Now I want to get better at it," shares the actress, giving us a sneak-peek into her showbiz journey.
After acting in four films (three in Kannada and one in Malayalam) Katherine debuted in Telugu with Chammak Challo. The movie bombed at the BO, but earned her the tag of being "Tollywood's latest pin up girl". The 20-year-old is pretty pleased with the reviews on her performance. "Mine was a very glamorous role and it felt good to be appreciated. In this line of work, it's very important for people to like me. So, it feels nice to be noticed," shares the actress who's doing another glam-act in her next big screen release — Iddarammayilatho, with Allu Arjun.
Admittedly, there "isn't much of a back story" to how she landed the big ticket Allu Arjun starrer. "I auditioned for the movie. I think Puri (Jagannath) sir liked me, and that's pretty much how I landed the role," she says. Her impressions of her co-star even, are just as matter-of-fact. "He is a good actor, great dancer and he works really hard," is all that she has to say about the Stylish Star.
However, she prefers to play it safe when asked to compare Allu Arjun to Nani, her co-star in Paisa. "They are both very different in their ways, but are great co-stars, fun to talk to and I had a great time working with both of them," she says.
The actor is playing a "conservative Muslim girl" in Paisa, directed by Krishna Vamsi. "It's like the total opposite of the character I am playing in Iddarammayilatho. My look and character sketch have nothing flashy about them, and the audience will see a completely different side of me," she explains, adding, "Playing a glam doll is fun and I think it comes easily to me. But I also like doing other stuff. The way I see it, it's all about performing in cinema, and that's what I enjoy the most."
It's just that acting isn't really a big part of the typical Telugu heroine's career, but she begs to differ. "I wouldn't agree with that, I think there are all sorts of roles out there," she retorts. So what according to her are the recent films in which actresses were more than mere glam-props? "You are putting me on the spot right now; I am not answering that question. The point I am trying to make is that there have been films and they have worked, for example, Arundhati. It's up to the actors to grab opportunities when they come," she bails out.
Having trained in ice-skating, piano, debating, singing and dancing, the actor is a bit of Jack-of-all-trades. "My parents pushed me into doing everything," she says, adding, "I am good at anything that I put my mind to."
Apparently, she's pretty hassle free about everything, except for rodents. "Rats freak me out. Other than that, I like everything else," she says. For her, it's just about having a good time. "I'm just having fun, and I don't really view acting as anything else. I don't over-analyse. I just do it because I enjoy it," she signs off.
No comments :

No comments :

Post a Comment